{=If you are greiving from the loss of a loved one, in need of spiritural comfort or would just like to send a prayer out to someone, feel free to call on me, I would be glad to help you through these dificult times and join you in prayer. RT FL. 8 Rev. Richard Malfitano. 917 660-7463}


The following offices are available for help and assistance.

(New Addition) Social Services in Daytona Beach offers a homeless prevention program just for Veterans.  The Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Program is open to all Veterans in the Volusia and Flagler Counties who meet eligibility.  For those Veterans who are homeless, it can provide assistance to help them transition into permanent housing.  For those Veterans who are housed but at risk, it helps to maintain them in permanent housing. Contact: Tony Deobil, Director of Social Services
East Volusia & Flagler Counties. 1555 LPGA Blvd. Daytona Beach, FL
Phone: 386.236.2020 ext. 220 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

 The Veterans Administration 800-827-1000

Daytona State College Veterans Services 386-

506-3545 or 386-506-3955 

Volusia County's Veterans Services Division: West Volusia
 386 740-5102 - Daytona Beach
 386 254-4646 & Orange City 386 775-5205.

 Veterans Crisis Line  1-800-273-8255. You can also chat online or text professional responders at 838255. visit

the Veterans Crisis Line website.

Although no one likes to think about their own mortality the loss of loved ones is inevitable in our lives. During the period of mourning it is a little more bearable if the decedent's personnel affairs have been well preplanned and thoroughly arranged. That said, every military veteran's surviving family members deserve personal recognition from their government, and the POTUS. A certificate of appreciation offering their thanks to the survivors for a job well done. A historic document thanking the veteran's family for the honorable service and commitment their fallen family veteran gave to their country. If you have lost a spouse, child, or other family member that honorably served their country, the surviving family members are eligible to receive such a document at no cost to them. After all...the family earned it. This document is called A Presidential Memorial Certificate. It's an engraved paper certificate signed by the sitting President of the United States - to honor the memory of the honorably discharged deceased veteran as a token of our nation's grateful recognition for their service in the U.S. Armed Forces. Upon request, multiple certificates may be provided.

A copy of the member's discharge certificate (ie, DD Form 214), a copy of the veteran's death certificate, and a completed VA Form 40-0427 ( submitted to the Veteran's Administration, are all that's required.
For further information regarding this entitlement or other VA Survivor Benefits services please contact the VA at (800)827-1000 or visit them at:


VA Approves $8.8 Million for Homeless Transportation & Housing: Click for Full Story

Backlog of Claims Reduced by 34 Percent since March
93 Percent of Claims Over One Year Old Completed

: Click for Full Story

VetSuccess Now Serving Veterans at 94 Campuses Nationwide

HUD/VA says more vouchers: permanent homesfor homeless vets

VA Partners with American Bar Association and Legal Services Corporation to Launch a Pilot Program to Help Veterans Receive Decisions Faster and Reduce Claims Backlog:

Post-9/11 GI Bill Celebrates Fourth Anniversary:

Below are web-sites that provide information on Veterans benefits and how to file/ask for them. Accordingly, there are many sites that explain how to obtain books, military/medical records, information and how to appeal a denied claim with the VA. Please pass this information on to every Veteran you know. Nearly 100% of this information is free and available for all veterans, the only catch is: you have to ask for it, because they won't tell you about a specific benefit unless you ask for it. You need to know what questions to ask so the right doors open for you and then be ready to have an advocate who is willing to work with and for you, stay in the process, and press for your rights and your best interests.  

Board of Veteran's Appeals ----------
CARES Commission          -----------
CARES Draft National Plan  ---------
Center for Minority Veterans ---------
Center for Veterans Enterprise ------
Center for Women Veterans ---------

Golf War veterans

Changes in VA healthcare -

American Gulf War Veterans Assoc ---

Compensation for Disabilities Associated with the Gulf War Service

Department of Veterans Affairs Home Page
Directory of Veterans Service Organizations